Founded by wife Mary M. Stull and her children, preferably for those studying music.
Charles C. T. Stull graduated from Boys High School of Frederick in 1914 and started teaching in Bloomfield and Thurmont. During the summers, Mr. Stull continued his own education at Johns Hopkins University and the University of Maryland, earning certifications to teach instrumental and vocal music. With his certifications, Mr. Stull initiated music education in Frederick County Public Schools. He also directed the Yellow Springs Band for years. In honor of Mr. Stull’s dedication to music in Frederick County, his family established The Charles C. T. Stull, Sr. Memorial Scholarship Fund to award scholarships to children studying music.